The Vision of Fybervek
In the iconic movie The Graduate, Dustin Hoffman is a recent college graduate who’s contemplating his future. A neighbor, trying to offer advice about a lucrative, successful career, makes the memorable comment, “I want to say one word to you. Just one word. Plastics.” When the movie debuted in 1967, probably few people realized the advice giver would be so correct in his look toward what was to come.
Indeed, plastics have taken their place front and center and behind the scenes in our lives, from how we live to how we work and play. Finally, we’re realizing that they also are destroying where we live, work and play. To put it simply, they are contributing to the demise of the planet. It is estimated that plastics produce more than 500 million tons of carbon dioxide that goes into the atmosphere each year, That’s the equivalent of the annual emissions of 19 million vehicles. Fossil fuels are used in thousands of manufacturing processes that produce plastics, and release tons of contaminants when the plastics reach their end-of-life stage.
Fybervek is a patent pending packaging textile made using natural hemp fibers and binders that is tear- and burst-resistant. Fybervek is dedicated to making bio alternatives to single use plastic materials that will impact hundreds of industry categories and millions of lives. Unlike plastics that retain carbon and decompose, Fybervek is biodegradable and compostable. Fybervek can be used as a replacement for many single use plastics like runner bibs, packaging, event bands and more.
- Hemp is a sustainable, renewable resource, with an unmatchaed ability to capture carbon and return it to the soil and is recognized as a potential solution to the carbon issues facing our planet.
- Hemp fibers are naturally as strong and durable as plastics
- Hemp Fibers have natural absorption characteristics and do not break down when wet providing water resistance and durability.
- Hemp Fibers are very competitive with durable plastics naturally additional innovation in processing increases fiber strength and integrity.
- Most major retailers are asking for to replace single use plastics and laminated structures. Many countries are eliminating or taxing single use plastics.
- Fybervek can be adapted to existing package converting lines for end use products
- Flat and expansion packaging (envelopes or corrugated)
- Runner Bibs
- Bags (pet food, etc)